VZJ95 Tachometer Rev Counter stopped working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexasPrado95

SILVER Star
Threads
Last night while driving, the tachometer stopped working and just rests on 0. There doesn't seem to be any mechanical problems at all, merely this electrical issue. Has anyone else experienced this on their 90/95? Mine's an automatic so it really doesn't affect the vehicle, but I would like it to work properly. Thanks!

Following, mostly out of curiosity. Quickly looking at the 4Runner forums it looks like it could be any number of things - failing tach, wiring issue, and bad ground seem like the 3 most likely suspects here.

Following, mostly out of curiosity. Quickly looking at the 4Runner forums it looks like it could be any number of things - failing tach, wiring issue, and bad ground seem like the 3 most likely suspects here.
Gotta love a good gremlin. Thank you for the advice. I'm not the fastest at knocking out these issues lately. I'll reply once I get in there.

So this morning, I started her up and tach was functional. I used the Prado today, driving over 100 miles and making probably a dozen stops. All good. Definitely makes me think it's a shaky ground somewhere.

Last edited:
So this morning, I started her up and tach was functional. I used the Prado for work today, driving over 100 miles and making probably a dozen stops. All good. Definitely makes me think it's a shaky ground somewhere.
That's great news... I had read somewhere that there was a ground point at the diagnostic port that could create intermittent issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom