VSC/TRAC/VGRS; Gauges Shutter/Twitch; Doors Don’t Lock!? :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

Long time; hope all is well with you and yours.

Kindly review the photo attached.

When I started my truck today, the error lights lit.

The instrument cluster gauges also shuttered / twitched a bit, then went steady; never saw this before!

Furthermore, the passenger side view mirror wouldn’t dip down in reverse.

AND… upon coming to a stop, shutting down and looking truck from the outside, all doors wouldn’t lock! I had to lock each door individually (note, however, that the power door lock button works if the truck is turned on!).

Been raining a lot; hopefully not related to the problem? :(

Can someone please help me figure this out.

Thank you very much.

My best.

1.jpg

The instrument cluster gauges also shuttered / twitched a bit, then went steady; never saw this before!
I’d start with checking for loose wires, corrosion on battery terminals, and testing battery and alternator.

I’d start with checking for loose wires, corrosion on battery terminals, and testing battery and alternator.

Many thanks for your most prompt reply.

Been searching and hear there's a fuse in the box by the passenger side footwell needing replacement?

Many thanks for your most prompt reply.

Been searching and hear there's a fuse in the box by the passenger side footwell needing replacement?
Only one way to find out.

What a pain it was to access the passenger side foot well fuse box!

Was also difficult to pull the fuse as well. Argh.

Nevertheless, the fuse was blown.

I replaced the blown fuse, truck started up properly, but shortly after starting…

Lights on cluster resurface, mirrors stopped while dipping, auto door locks stopped working.

Can someone please advise how I can figure out what the culprit is that’s blowing the fuse?

How am I to trace this back to the source of the problem?

Any / all help would be greatly appreciated.

My best.

123.jpg

I replaced the fuse again and made sure the mirror switch was in the center / neutral position.

The instrument cluster lights cleared and the door locks work again now.

Since these items work after stopping the mirrors from dipping automatically, I think I’ve narrowed it down to the mirror dip as the cause of the fuse blowing.

Can someone please assist from here; what should I do next?

If the mirror motor is the problem, how can I replace same myself? Any good instructions / videos to do so?

Thank you again.

Look for moisture, and or active leaks getting to that fuse panel. I had a wet one on the driver’s side and about a zillion ants moved in and build a mega nest in the fuse box itself.

No moisture or leaks, thank you though.

Hello again everyone,

Hope all is well.

So I replaced the passenger side-view mirror motor, but the problem remains!

The top row, most forward (to the front of the truck) red fuse “10” blows.

After I replace the motor, I kept the switch in the center / neutral position and did not try to have the mirrors auto-dip while in reverse, but when I went to electrically adjust the front driver’s side-view mirror, the fuse blew and the slew of dashboard warning lights lit.

I thought the problem was emanating from the front passenger mirror, as its auto-dip functionality was not working smoothly in recent time, as it’d skip / hop, shutter on its way down.

Nevertheless, I guess this has been narrowed down to the mirror(s) being the problem.

What am I to do at this time? Can someone please assist and tell me if this means I should replace the driver’s side-view mirror motor now, or can is be something else altogether?

I’d rather not buy the driver’s side-view mirror, only for the problem to remain. Argh. :(

Please advise at your earliest.

Thank you very much.

My best.

Last edited:
Just wanted to check in on this. Should anyone be able to assist please do advise. Thank you so very much. My best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom