VSC light? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
20190523_062334.jpg

2010 Tundra..
This light comes on and off randomly. When it's on the traction control button does nothing. Other than that no other effects noticed. I thought maybe I had it fixed when I did the rear wheel bearings and found the speed sensor on one side covered in metallic goo from the toasty bearing, but it eventually came back.

Any way to diagnose without a trip to the dealer?

I did resolve this issue. Hooked it to a buddys fancy scan tool and found an error for pedal force sensor. Come to find out thats one of the two sensors in the booster, which is a pricey part. They're not available seperately. I located a used one and swapped it in and it's been fine ever since. Looked bad, but by careful bending of a few lines I was able to weasel the master out of the way then remove the booster and replace it without breaking any lines. The old booster was full nearly up to the master with brake fluid.. I've never lost any and the level hasn't budged since the replacement booster, so I'm assuming the PO was given a ridiculous quote to replace the whole works and decided to replace only the leaking MC and sell the truck.
20191120_070758.jpg
20191120_070815.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom