VSC and traction control light on after lift

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by Ricerider, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Ricerider

Ricerider

Couple of weeks ago I installed my long travel kit. Now my VSC and traction control light is on. No ABS or CEL light. Engaged into 4wd and that light comes on and off as it should. Anybody experienced this issue?

2. fjdemon

fjdemon SILVER Star

Is your steering wheel exactly centered when the wheels are straight? I know on other cars/suvs if the wheel is 1 degree off it will can trigger on the traction control light.

3. Ricerider

Ricerider

It's centered. Drives straight. May try a battery reset. Battery was disconnected welding on the limit strap. You would think it'd reset from that point?

4. bigredmachine

bigredmachine

If the steering or something in the abs/vsc system lost its zero point it will not recalibrate its self, you would have to do that with a scan tool

5. ttFJC

ttFJC

disconnect the battery and reconnect. look up how to do a zero point calibration on youtube. it should solve your problem.

6. BMThiker

BMThiker I aim to misbehave Moderator SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Just went through this last weekend. It took several attempts with a Techstream scanner to reset the zero point calibration and even a yaw sensor. It through codes for rear sensors when I didn't even touch the rear axle? Just reset every code/calibration that comes up.

7. Ricerider

Ricerider

Reset everything. Drove a couple hundred miles. So far so good. I appreciate everyone's input. Flexed it out on a ramp. Somewhat disappointed haha. Tuesday it goes on an articulation machine. Hopefully it flexes a little better with weight on the opposite side. Also running 700lb front springs on the icons.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.