Volvo C303 Portals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will just the outer front and rear portal boxes be offered by portal-tek to be adapted to a ford 9"? I like the idea of finding a complete C303 axle and swapping that but, it seems the demand and scarcity of these axles in the US has driven prices up. The pics of the axle on Portal-tek look similiar to a bare axle housing made by competition engineering sold at Summit racing. Would the portal boxes be adaptable to this housing or will portal-tek be offering a bare, no shafts, gears, third member, etc, housing that is more reasonable than a complete C303 axle assembly? It sure would save on shipping and initial cash output if I could source my own Ford 9" housing, third member, and high gears and buy just portal-tek boxes and have them fabricated locally. Is this going to be the case? Any idea on what prices will be?

I did have a hookup on 303's out of eastern canada. he was also going to import mog axles. i might see if i can hit him up. havent spoken with him in well over a year.

MSGGrunt said:
Will just the outer front and rear portal boxes be offered by portal-tek to be adapted to a ford 9"?

? Any idea on what prices will be?

Good question............

To clarify, when you purchase Portal-Tek axles there is no reason to purchase anything Volvo. Our axles come complete; housings, third, box ends, disks, etc.... At this point in time we would like to just sell complete axles assemblies. We engineered and manufactured the housings, box ends, etc... to adapt to and hold up to the extreme pressures that the a portal set-up can distrubute. We don't want customers to buy pieces, adapt them to an insufficient setup and then have breakage. We want people to know Portal-Tek axles as unbreakable, and the only way to control that is to sell our fully engineered setup. If there are any other questions please ask. Please keep checking our website for more updates. Portal-Tek.com

Thanks
Scott

How much $$$ for Porta-Tek units? Rough estimate not an exact quote.

Retail price for a set of complete axles start at $8,800. We are currently taking orders and will be selling them for a discounted price of $7,500. This price will only be available for a limited time. Since all orders are custom built their will be a 8 to 12 week manufacturing period and we will require a 50% deposit.

If there are any other questions please let me know

Thanks
Scott

Portal_tek said:
Retail price for a set of complete axles start at $8,800. We are currently taking orders and will be selling them for a discounted price of $7,500. This price will only be available for a limited time. Since all orders are custom built their will be a 8 to 12 week manufacturing period and we will require a 50% deposit.

If there are any other questions please let me know

Thanks
Scott

That seems pretty damn good pricing on a custom set of axles.

Hopefully when your web site is up and going you could give more detailed information on the complete axles.

Look forward to seeing them axles very soooooon.

Rob

Portal-tek-Scott-I ran through the Rubicon last week with an older guy named Jack who had what must be a set of your axles on his FJ40/45. If that sounds familiar, then kudos to you. These axles are extremely well done-the Ford 9 inch centers look factory and he had excellent performance all the way through the trail. He was able to bring his cruiser down 4 inches, and his differentials up 6 inches or so. Very cool. At any rate, nice going. You guys have a great product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom