VIN Check please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
Is there anyone that can help me run a VIN?

BJ40064541
BJ40LV-KC
motor: B0680691

I bought it yesterday and am very happy but there is no information about the year it was built and I would love to know.
I hace tried everything online (am
new to this ) but without any luck.
Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you so so much, Am happy with the answer. Was there any other information available ?

Miravalles,

Your truck may have been assembled in South America at one of the Toyota plants. If you post a clear, readable photo of your VIN plate, someone on this forum may be able to tell you various things about your truck--such as axle ratios, upholstery options, color, etc. that originally were installed. If your truck was assembled in Japan, that info is more readily available.

Be aware that over the years various parts and pieces of your truck may have been changed or altered by previous owners and are not original to the vehicle.

As a newly registered member, you may need to post a few more comments before you can add any photos here. Most of us enjoy seeing photos of other members' trucks !

Thank you once again . Your information is highly appreciated. I will post a readable photo as soon as i find the VIN plate, I have not found it yet. The colour is original , rustid green . I will also share pictures of my new truck.

The seats are original i think and darker green leather (I don’t know if this leather they used is actually real leather, i doubt it).

As mentioned, prior owners can and do change many items. Original has no leather, just gray vinyl seating. Where did you find the original numbers you first posted here? The "VIN" plate was originally attached to the RH firewall for your date model. The "VIN" number should also be deeply etched into the front frame, RH side, outer face ahead of the front tire/wheel--it needs to match with the legal paperwork you have.

Again, photos of your truck including these things will be helpful.

The information i provided in the first post is on the truck’s papers. Am going to try to find the vin plate .

This is my new truck

2CB0A67F-7324-403B-9927-4F74DC2A6430.jpeg

C45FA937-54DE-4E8C-80D8-8B5A2D5C871B.jpeg

11400266-EDC6-4AAF-AA40-AA0C94E7806F.jpeg

If I remember correctly:

As you know: LH drive, B 4 cylinder diesel engine. Your truck came as originally assembled in Japan on the first assembly line at the Honsha plant, not Central/South America. Originally a hard top with rear ambulance doors. Original 4-speed transmission with extra-low 1st gear, and 4.11:1 gearing in the differentials.

Original paint color was a beige-tan, slightly yellowish;I don't remember the specifics for the interior group upholstery, etc., but was vinyl not leather.

Of course, previous owners can and do change many things over the years.

Save that "VIN" plate--it was originally riveted to the RH firewall in the engine compartment.

Try to also locate the same VIN number etched into the RH front frame, since many countries require that evidence to title and register a vehicle.

If I remember correctly:

As you know: LH drive, B 4 cylinder diesel engine. Your truck came as originally assembled in Japan on the first assembly line at the Honsha plant, not Central/South America. Originally a hard top with rear ambulance doors. Original 4-speed transmission with extra-low 1st gear, and 4.11:1 gearing in the differentials.

Original paint color was a beige-tan, slightly yellowish;I don't remember the specifics for the interior group upholstery, etc., but was vinyl not leather.

Of course, previous owners can and do change many things over the years.

Save that "VIN" plate--it was originally riveted to the RH firewall in the engine compartment.

Try to also locate the same VIN number etched into the RH front frame, since many countries require that evidence to title and register a vehicle.

Wow that is fabulous !
I would not have been able to find the informatie. myself and am very grateful.

Thank you Bear

I guess Bear has given all the available information already ??
If you have more ?

Thank you though ..

has he ?

maybe .

@Bear is very wise and i have been his Needed TEq facts student for many years as well ............... :D

Is extra low low 1st gear standard?

i learned how to source this " TOP Secret Skunk Works " needed tech spec. data from @Bear in my early days as his Padawan Learner

Market
General
Year
Make
TOYOTA
Model
LAND CRUISER
Frame
BJ40

Vehicle characteristics
Additional codes
DESTINATION:GEN:GENERAL COUNTRIES