vibration while accelerating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
driving a 2002 LC inline 6, done 280K Kms, in UAE, issue is accute vibration while doing above 120. Its like a sine wave, comes and goes. Recently replaced, spark plug, engine mounts, differential mounts and axle boot. Running on factory alloy wheels with 265 60 R16. I keep 36PSI pressure.

I can feel the vibration on my steering, gear (Auto) and my seat. If I do above 140 then there is no vibration at seat. Have other keys attached to my vehicle key, so can listen a small noise when the vibration comes. Any help?
One more input i need to give is, had huge leakage on my steering rack and pinion, replaced with a re assembled one, later my steering is out, like in order to go straight steering should be tilted a little to right. Tried alignment several time but after a couple of days the small tilt will come back.

driving a 2002 LC inline 6, done 280K Kms, in UAE, issue is accute vibration while doing above 120. Its like a sine wave, comes and goes. Recently replaced, spark plug, engine mounts, differential mounts and axle boot. Running on factory alloy wheels with 265 60 R16. I keep 36PSI pressure.

I can feel the vibration on my steering, gear (Auto) and my seat. If I do above 140 then there is no vibration at seat. Have other keys attached to my vehicle key, so can listen a small noise when the vibration comes. Any help?
One more input i need to give is, had huge leakage on my steering rack and pinion, replaced with a re assembled one, later my steering is out, like in order to go straight steering should be tilted a little to right. Tried alignment several time but after a couple of days the small tilt will come back.
You could remove the front driveshaft and see if you notice a difference, same with rear - to rule ds out...

I like to start with the easy/cheap stuff. Have you had your wheels/tires balanced recently? Sometimes the wheel weights fall off.
thanks buddy for your valuable comment, i balance my wheels and rotated it from front to back. I can see a noticeable difference now. You helped me to save almost 6000 AED. My workshop guy informed me that it is because of gear. I already have issue with gear, like when i change from N to R or D there is a big thud (like vehicle move). So he was saying we need to redo the gearing. But anyway that can be done later too. So thank you.

You could remove the front driveshaft and see if you notice a difference, same with rear - to rule ds out...
Did a wheel balancing, and i feel a noticeable difference, next will check this. When u say front dirve shaft, is it the CV joint?

look at your driveshafts, in particular the rear one. sounds like their is either too much grease in the slip yoke causing hydraulic binding or a uni joint binding

It maybe the kazoo noise. There was a TSB for it. High speeds especially when windy and side winds. If you push against the window or side of the door the noise will go away? If so, it’s kazoo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom