Vibration at low speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Granite Grinder

IH8RUST
Threads
I've been hunting down a low speed vibration, unlike some, I use search and pretty much came up with the solution. A little history, this is a new to me 80 series that I picked up in Fernie, BC. Quite a rarity for Canada, we never got 80 series (per se) only LX450's. This truck was originally a NY rig, so it has some rust, 146,000 miles on the odo. I drove her home from Fernie, about 400 miles without any kind of inspection, about 100 miles a heater hose let loose, luckily there was enough rubber left to force it back on and clamp her up. tThe rest of the trip was uneventful. About a month later the radiator took a dump. This truck has been ridden hard, though I doubt much wheeling, its pretty much stock. The knuckles were leaking like sieves, the passenger seat was crammed forward, the exhaust was pretty much unbolted from the manifold, I couldn't get the transfer case into low range, the AC doesn't work. I have managed to do a knuckle job, replace the radiator, fix the seat, bolt up the exhaust. Then this vibration started, pretty bad at low speed, once you get up to 40mph it seemed to smooth out. Turned out to be a bad U-joint, I'm driving her in two wheel drive, good thing I put the CDL switch in, which was the easiest way to check if the lockers were working as well as the diff lock, seeing as though I couldn't get her into low range. Today after much fighting, I did manage to get into low, yippee. Here's some pictures of the u-joint:
IMG_1179.jpg
IMG_1180.jpg
IMG_1181.jpg

Last edited:
Picture of said truck
IMG_1086.jpg
IMG_1082.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom