VI to Edmonton and back in BJ74 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We drove both vehicles (BJ74 and Honda Pilot) to Parksville today for a Christmas gathering because I’m leaving from there with the Pilot to Edmonton.

We had Two-way radios for the trip and I had my wife drive the Cruiser so she could ask any questions along the way as she hasn’t driven it yet (she really likes the Pilot).

Lots of rain between Lake Cowichan and Parksville and many puddles on the highway. I felt the Pilot shift and move probably a dozen times during the trip. I asked my wife what she was feeling in the Cruiser over the radio and she said she heard the water but felt nothing.

I guess those Toyo MT’s have pretty deep tread and disperse water quickly! I wonder how much the added siping effects such conditions ( I had the centers siped by OK Tire)?

This all made me both proud and a bit sad. Proud because the Cruiser is awesome and my wife enjoyed the ride, but sad that I’m not taking it on this trip.

Anyways, thought I’d share for those who like updates.

Right on, glad the cruiser was solid for your wife!

I don't think the siping would help much with hydroplaning, but deep truck treads definitely do. I was enjoying being in my cruiser this morning in similar conditions with super heavy rain and a lot of big puddles on the highway. Was totally solid. Wife's car would have been hydroplaning for sure at the same speeds.

That's really why I drive the 61 over the winter, my little crap wagon celica would be a freaking submarine on days like that.

Kindof a "no replacement for displacement" scenario, but more in the nautical sense :lol:

I do feel bad racking up the miles on it, but oh well, is what it's for after all.

I think pilots have the same drive system as crv's, swmbo has had one for 10+ years.

Better in snow than any of my cruisers.:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom