Vendor recommendation?

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by ndcruiser, Aug 15, 2006.

1. ndcruiser

ndcruiser

I'm going to buy a winch(9.5xp I think) and would like to support a sponsor of this site if the price is reasonable.

Anybody have a recommendation? I would like to be sure my $1000 is being put in the right place.

Thanks-

2. calamaridog

calamaridog

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  3. ndcruiser

ndcruiser

I guess I should've worded the title differently.

I'd also like input on winch type. I have a 9.5ti on my Rubicon, and I don't plan on wheeling in deep mud or rock crawling with the Cruiser. More interested in the winch for added insurance.

Am I OK with an 8000 pounder? Also, if I don't need the speed, does that put me into the 8000 pound range too?

John

4. calamaridog

calamaridog

John,

If you don't think you will actually pull more than a few times per year then I would buy something cheap like a Mile Marker e9000, but that is just me.

I think an m8000 is fine, especially with a snatch block.

5. Pete

Pete

John,

4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers did have a WARN 8000, plenty big for what you're doing, on sale for $550 with roler fairlead and 100' of cable, and free shipping. I'm not sure if the sale is still on but check their web site because they offer a lot of specials like this. Mile Markers are cheap but I read a recent review of one that said while it worked OK the craftsmanship was pretty lousy. These have got to be made in China in a back-yard factory as cheap as they are.

The other place I've seen good prices on WARN with free shipping is Clemson 4-Wheel Center. I'm a WARN guy myself (brother likes Ramsey) and would as soon pay a feww hundred more to get something I know will last and work and they will.

4 Wheel Parts http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/index.asp
    Clemson http://www.clemson4wheel.com/default.aspx

Pete

6. cruiserheadrat

cruiserheadrat

I have the M800 on my 98 and it is enough. I can move empty dumpsters, drag logs, drag the occasional mercedes out of my parking spot. Its all I need.

7. ndcruiser

ndcruiser

They still have it. Please remind me why the Hawse is $100 more.

To be honest, I think the spot I'm mostly going to use it is getting myself out of snowbanks.

John

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.