Vendor recommendation? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going to buy a winch(9.5xp I think) and would like to support a sponsor of this site if the price is reasonable.

Anybody have a recommendation? I would like to be sure my $1000 is being put in the right place.

Thanks-

I guess I should've worded the title differently.

I'd also like input on winch type. I have a 9.5ti on my Rubicon, and I don't plan on wheeling in deep mud or rock crawling with the Cruiser. More interested in the winch for added insurance.

Am I OK with an 8000 pounder? Also, if I don't need the speed, does that put me into the 8000 pound range too?

John

John,

If you don't think you will actually pull more than a few times per year then I would buy something cheap like a Mile Marker e9000, but that is just me.

I think an m8000 is fine, especially with a snatch block.

John,

4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers did have a WARN 8000, plenty big for what you're doing, on sale for $550 with roler fairlead and 100' of cable, and free shipping. I'm not sure if the sale is still on but check their web site because they offer a lot of specials like this. Mile Markers are cheap but I read a recent review of one that said while it worked OK the craftsmanship was pretty lousy. These have got to be made in China in a back-yard factory as cheap as they are.

The other place I've seen good prices on WARN with free shipping is Clemson 4-Wheel Center. I'm a WARN guy myself (brother likes Ramsey) and would as soon pay a feww hundred more to get something I know will last and work and they will.

4 Wheel Parts http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/index.asp
Clemson http://www.clemson4wheel.com/default.aspx

Pete

I have the M800 on my 98 and it is enough. I can move empty dumpsters, drag logs, drag the occasional mercedes out of my parking spot. Its all I need.

They still have it. Please remind me why the Hawse is $100 more.

To be honest, I think the spot I'm mostly going to use it is getting myself out of snowbanks.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom