Valve Cover Paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since I am going to do a head gasket swap on my FZJ80, I was thinking of painting the valve cover. Possibly red with the lettering being silver. Any suggestions on which paint to get? Pics would be great if you guys have them, in whichever color cause you might sway me. I've been seeing VHT mentioned on some of the other forums, any experience with that?

Thanks in advance.

Since I am going to do a head gasket swap on my FZJ80, I was thinking of painting the valve cover. Possibly red with the lettering being silver. Any suggestions on which paint to get? Pics would be great if you guys have them, in whichever color cause you might sway me. I've been seeing VHT mentioned on some of the other forums, any experience with that?

Thanks in advance.

Get it chemically cleaned, and powdercoat it. Comes out like a dream. You would have to check on my 4/75 frame off.

Get it sandblasted, prime the covers, decide which colors you want and head to a sign shop. Ask for pre-mask lettering, spray your bc, next is a dcd500 if I'm remembering correctly, apply your lettering and spray the other bc then spray cc on everything.
Both of the items below where done that way. The valve covers had the masking done then sandblasted where the fenders where done they way I described to you.

It is what it might look like:

Valve covers:

5386940144_large.jpg

5386940146_large.jpg

fenders:

5386940123_large.jpg

Any questions feel free to ask...

They sandblast them. I have had many conversations with a few companies around here about it.

Further, you never wipe them down or use an chemicals on them after sandblasting due to the residue that they leave behind which is why they generally ask you not to touch the metal with your hands once the sandblasting is done. The surface is the cleanest at that time. You may blow them off with a compressor but that is it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom