Valve clearance adjustment on rebuild? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have only adjusted valve clearance once before on my running 2h before, seems to run ok. Best fuel economy of late is 11.3km/l.

Now on the new 2h I am rebuilding I did not notice before or probably did not take note, but at tdc, the two front rockers and pushrods are looser than the others. All valves are cleared to spec, in / out, when at tdc and at 360 tdc.

Then also , spinning the crank 360, The opposite rear two rockers and pushrods are loose and the front two are not loose.

I have re-checked the clearances 3x.

I realise the gap between the cam, lifter and rocker do need to release the tension, this is the job of the cam. Also, once the oil pressure is built when the engine is running it creates the 'push' upwards against the lifter.

I installed a noordeman performance ground cam.

Is this normal to have two loose rockers from two loose valve push rods at all times?
Would explain why diesels have the characteristic clacking noise.
1665371515316.png

The cylinder that is at Top Dead Center of the firing stroke will have both valves closed so they should be at the valve clearance spec. So yes they will be loose compared to the others that are on the lift of the cam lobes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom