Value of NIB fj60 tank? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caladin

Noob, but trying to learn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bz93.com
I bought an OEM NIB fj60 fuel tank last year or the year before, under two mistaken assumptions.

1. I needed it (turned out to be a problem with the fuel suction tube + sending unit instead, replaced both and now it's great)
2. They were about to get impossible to buy from the dealer. (I'd been told guidance was sent out not to sell them anymore)

I paid full price, which was around a grand all in, but now it's just taking up space in my garage. I can move it to my container at the ranch but thought someone might need it.

Are they still easy to get? How much is it worth? I wanted a ballpark before I offered it on classified. If this is the wrong forum please feel free to move it.

Thanks,

Eric-

Last edited:
I bought an OEM NIB fj60 fuel tank last year or the year before, under two mistaken assumptions.

1. I needed it (turned out to be a problem with the fuel suction tube + sending unit instead, replaced both and now it's great)
2. They were about to get impossible to buy from the dealer. (I'd been told guidance was sent out not to sell them anymore)

I paid full price, which was around a grand all in, but now it's just taking up space in my garage. I can move it to my container at the ranch but thought someone might need it.

Are they still easy to get? How much is it worth? I wanted a ballpark before I offered it on classified. If this is the wrong forum please feel free to move it.

Thanks,

Eric-
Howdy, I've got a '62. Those tanks are NLA. They are still made for 60s, I think. I checked McGeorge Toyota. Their online parts catalog doesn't go back to 1982, but they do have 84-87 FJ60 fuel tanks available. Again, I'm not a 60 owner, and seem to recall that there were some changes made between 83/84 (someone here will definitely set me straight), but tanks for your year "might" still be available.

Here is the McGeorge link: 1984-1987 Toyota Land Cruiser Tank Kit Fuel 77001-60241 | Toyota Parts - https://toyotaparts.mcgeorgetoyota.com/oem-parts/toyota-tank-kit-fuel-7700160241?c=Zz1mdWVsLXN5c3RlbSZzPWZ1ZWwtc3lzdGVtLWNvbXBvbmVudHMmbD01Jm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMmYT10b3lvdGEmbz1sYW5kLWNydWlzZXImeT0xOTg2JnQ9YmFzZSZlPTQtMmwtbDYtZ2Fz

Price = $763.30 + shipping to give you an idea.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom