Utility/ motorcycle trailer help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi;

I have a lady friend with an Outback who needs a light trailer to pull a couple of medium sized motorcycles (max 450 pounds each). She has been talking about just buying a cheap 3 rail trailer from the motorcycle dealer, but I have been working on her to get a basic low sided utility trailer with some removable channels and a tailgate, so she can also use it to haul a couch or whatever. Maybe even buy a Yard Trailer - the type with built in ramp that you always see full of lawn mowers.

Can anyone offer advice or point me to some online examples or sources? Goals are affordable (less than US$1000 for sure) easy to tow behind a 4 cylinder Subaru, convertable bike to cargo, and decent sized tires (12 inches+). No brakes, storage or goodies. What size would be best (max 6 x 8, I am thinking)? She rents a big storage unit for her motorcycles, and has plenty of parking space there, out of the weather.

We may just decide to buy local and bolt some steel rails down....

Thanks. I'd appreciate some comments.

John Davies
Spokane WA

i bought my 5x10 light weight from agood fried who brings them into cali from out of state...600.00 new with 15 in wheels and 3000lbs axel...with 2 quads on it grab the toung and pullit out of the grage by hand and go.....

I bought this Aluma trailer and am really happy with it. My quad fits on there perfect, the side rails come off and they are the ramps and I can pick it up myself and put it on it's side to keep it out of the way. The build quality is good.
Aluma also has folding motorcycle trailers which look cool.
I got the Model 486 and it cost me $1250CAD.
39532Model_486_Trailer.jpg

I passed on this info to my friend, and she really likes those Aluma trailers. Since there are a couple of dealers near us, we may go take a look.

Thanks for the help.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom