using Trasharoo on 470 without rear tire? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We purchased a trasharoo for our 470 but do not have a rear tire to attach it to. I've seen a vehicle or two around town that had this so I figured there must be a way.

Well, now that we have it I'm not quite sure. Best I can come up with is that could use 4 J hooks to attach each strap to the top and bottom of the rear hatch. But then I'm not sure how to find such hooks to attach to webbing.

This would then be a similar set up to our bike carrier that we attach to our hatch - it uses 4 j hooks then each strap tightens to hold it in place.

The other alternative is that the straps could reach all the way around the top and bottom and rear of hatch to clip in to each other but it's barely too short by a few inches.

Anyone have ideas for how to make trasharoo work or another product that can work without jerry rigging?

I recently used the Napa knockoff and threw it on my roof rack. I have factory rails with a small metal basket that served as a nice grid to weave the straps through.

It could have easily been installed just using the factory rails and crossbars, though certainly not quite as secure.

With one bungee over the top to cinch it down it didn’t make any noticeable noise across my ~1,500 mile adventure to and through Big Bend Ranch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom