Using AI to work on old iron!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

really wish they would make it an option to remove it from your software if you dont plan on using it
It should be an option to add it, not to remove it...
 
really wish they would make it an option to remove it from your software if you dont plan on using it
Unfortunately a huge part of the entire economy is now reliant on endless expansion of data centres, so that seems pretty unlikely

To avoid dragging this too much into politics, I’ll make a personal observation:

I bought a 60 because I was increasingly exhausted with the pace and direction of technological change. I wanted something I actually owned, that wouldn’t be changed by an update. I wanted something that I could work on myself. I wanted something that I could learn how it worked and SEE how it worked by observing mechanical processes. I wanted something where if I had issues in the bush away from computers or even mobile reception, I could fix it with basic tools. I wanted something that wasn’t new, wasn’t feature-rich, but deserved respect because of its longevity and heritage.

All of these sentiments are, in my mind, completely antithetical to AI and the people who develop it
 
IMHO, "AI" has great value in certain areas of our ongoing technological advance. We can not ignore or deny it. It is a tool. Nothing more. Just like a hammer or a scalpel. Like any tool, you just have to use it when and where it works best. Brain surgery? Scalpel over hammer every time. Driving out busted wheel studs? Man, I went through a LOT of scalpels before I figured that out. :bang::rofl:


Mark...
 
Back
Top Bottom