USFS Christmas tree-cutting support day 2: Sunday, NOV 28th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
This is the discussion and sign-up page for Day 2: Sunday, NOV 28th

Meet at the Stop-N-Save in Divide (10 Meadow Park Dr.) before 8:30am. The group departs at 8:30am.

I can make this one and maybe next weekend if bodies still needed. 👍

Anyone else going tomorrow? I can come up if needed, but I don't know how things work in this area - where do we meet with the rangers, get radios, etc?

Anyone else going tomorrow? I can come up if needed, but I don't know how things work in this area - where do we meet with the rangers, get radios, etc?
I'll be at the meet place tomorrow.

Running late but on my way

Last edited:
Ok, I'm waiting here.

Had a good day out in the woods yesterday ... just Sam & I and a late start as you can see from the traffic above. But once we got the radios ( meet the forest service folks at the Rule Ridge trailhead, to answer my question above) we got out on the trails and cruised around. This was my first time in the area other then passing through to the gulches. We started out on 357 and did the small loop around 357A, 357B then continued north on 357 until we cut over to 364 on 368. Crossed the creek onto 363 and took that all the way down to 51 which we took south to complete the loop to Rule Ridge.

We still had about 2 hours left before they wanted the radios back at 16:00, so we did another smaller loop - 355/355B, 363B, 363, crossed the creek to 364 again ([pics below) then 364 back to Rule Ridge by about 15:50.

We found some snow on north faces, and down in the bottoms, but not enough to make it to interesting. Some mud also. The creek crossing @ 363/364was about to the bottom of Sam's front license plate, so probably 15" to 18". Could see that causing problems for some vehicles, but we didn't hear of any trouble all day. If we get snow out there, the trouble spots I see are 355, the 357B loop and the end of 363 near the creek crossing.

IMG_20211128_150430437_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211128_150206888_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211128_150201298_HDR-ANIMATION.gif

I should mention, we saw three other cruisers out there - a dark 80 with amber light bar on the bumper that I haven't seen before, a cool RHD diesel 80, followed by another 80 belonging to a club member (sorry, I don't remember your name).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom