US-Spec Transmission Cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I need some info about the transmission cooler on the FZJ80 US version.

Is that Cooler inside the lower tank from the engine radiator or it's just a air cooled separate unit?

The thing is that I have a Non US Spec FZJ80 and it has only one transmission cooler inside the engine radiator and I would like to know if the US Spec FZJ80 is different, if it has 2 coolers (One inside the radiator and other in front of the A/C condenser) or just the one in front of the A/C condenser or what?

Thank you guys

... One inside the radiator and other in front of the A/C condenser ...

This is the correct answer. It is a nice, big cooler, covering almost half of the condenser.

So the US version FZJ80 has 2 coolers, that's what I wanted to know

What's the direction of the transmission oil?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Transmission > radiator cooler > auxiliary cooler > transmission.

One more thing, which side does the oil enters first?

Transmission > Gets in to the Radiator (passenger o driver's side pipe?) > Gets out from the Radiator (passenger's or driver's side pipe?) > Gets in the aux cooler (Lower or upper side of the cooler?) > Gets out from the aux cooler (Lower or upper side of the cooler?) > Back to the transmission... That's what I got to read from the diagram

TIA

One more thing, which side does the oil enters first?

Transmission > Gets in to the Radiator (passenger o driver's side pipe?) > Gets out from the Radiator (passenger's or driver's side pipe?) > Gets in the aux cooler (Lower or upper side of the cooler?) > Gets out from the aux cooler (Lower or upper side of the cooler?) > Back to the transmission... That's what I got to read from the diagram

TIA

Here is a pic of the tranny inlet and outlet lines.
tranny oil cooler lines.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom