urgent help/ Wiring Set up 2015 GX460 Lights!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2015 gx460

I will be adding Baja designs LP9 pro on top of my ironman bumper and squadrons inside to replace the default fogs of IM4x4 bumper, I am installing this weekend.

I have a Auxbeam switch as well.

I need help with the following that i plan to do

Wire the LP9's to do the following; (they have the ability to have DLR, low beam and high beam function)

1.) = wire the running function to the running lights of the gx, so they are always on "orange"

2.) wire the High Beams to to be on when I turn my OEM high beams on, but only if I enable it first through the aux beam switch.. This will give me the option to either utilize the factory highbeams only or if i push a button on the Aux beam switch, enable it to be directly used by hitting the high beam on the column for OEM. This allows for easy on off of high beams.

3.) not sure what to do with low beams other than just wire it to the aux and pick a button. Should I have this wired to always be on if factory low beams are on? would they be street legalish?

Wire the squadrons to my existing fog lights

Lastly, I was thinking about if I cant get that to work ill just wire it all up to the auxbeam so i push buttons as needed. and instead add one of these some where on the rig LINEAR-18 ELITE

The main idea of doing all of this is that I do plan on using it off road but in addition to that I plan to also use it on road in the back roads as a drive fast and spot for dear or objects on the road, I would like the ability to quickly turn on and off as I go.

Thank you for any help!! especially you guys that have done this already :)

For 1 and 2, I would use additional relays. Tapping the OEM harness for the signal wire.

1664986485304.png

I wired ditch lights to a dedicated switch on my 470 and don't like that they aren't highbeam connected. If you are driving with them on (such as on a country backroad, to avoid hitting a deer), it's difficult to turn off both the high beam headlights and the ditch lights for oncoming traffic.

To rectify this on my GX I am going to redo the switch (I have a CH4X4 Toyota-style switch - sound like you might have an Auxbeam/Switchpros controller?). For mine I am going to splice into one of the high-beam headlight wires and have that power the CH4X4 switch. So when the high beams are off, my switch is "dead" and can't send power to the relay to turn on the ditch lights. When the high beams go on, so does the switch, at which point the ditch lights can be turned on. Turning off the high beams would also turn off the lights.

If you are using the Auxbeam controller, I agree that you'd want to have the 12V out from the controller be the 12V "in" for a relay. The relay would then be triggered by a tap on your highbeam wire, which would then send the full 12V from the controller to your aftermarket lights.

I wired ditch lights to a dedicated switch on my 470 and don't like that they aren't highbeam connected. If you are driving with them on (such as on a country backroad, to avoid hitting a deer), it's difficult to turn off both the high beam headlights and the ditch lights for oncoming traffic.

To rectify this on my GX I am going to redo the switch (I have a CH4X4 Toyota-style switch - sound like you might have an Auxbeam/Switchpros controller?). For mine I am going to splice into one of the high-beam headlight wires and have that power the CH4X4 switch. So when the high beams are off, my switch is "dead" and can't send power to the relay to turn on the ditch lights. When the high beams go on, so does the switch, at which point the ditch lights can be turned on. Turning off the high beams would also turn off the lights.

If you are using the Auxbeam controller, I agree that you'd want to have the 12V out from the controller be the 12V "in" for a relay. The relay would then be triggered by a tap on your highbeam wire, which would then send the full 12V from the controller to your aftermarket lights.
I was thinking about the ditch lights too, ill have mine set so that one button will be left ditch and the other right ditch light. The right one would be used most often, and could be constantly ON I am thinking even if cars pass by on the left side of the vehicle it won't blind them. I wasnt thinking about constantly needing to turn on/off the right ditch light so i didnt think about wiring it to be triggered by the OEM high beam. This is something ill give some more thought on.

I was thinking about the ditch lights too, ill have mine set so that one button will be left ditch and the other right ditch light. The right one would be used most often, and could be constantly ON I am thinking even if cars pass by on the left side of the vehicle it won't blind them. I wasnt thinking about constantly needing to turn on/off the right ditch light so i didnt think about wiring it to be triggered by the OEM high beam. This is something ill give some more thought on.
You'll want both ditch lights triggered to the high-beams as well, just like your aux lights. Like your aux lights, they really aren't legal to run on the highway and can blind uncoming drivers. I only use mine on rural backroads and then sparingly - and probably won't use them again on a paved road until I get them triggered to the highbeams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom