Urgent help needed... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mudders,

I have a 96 FZJ80

Was trailering my boat from Portland to lake Shasta and the towing performance started to go from slow to slower on the hills... Didn't think much of it at the time it is HOT, smokey and I was failry well loaded. (Not me the Cruiser...)

Anyway Down around Grants pass I tripped a CEL, pulled a P0171 code... Rt Bank lean.

I have checked the MAF, and intake hoses for leaks. And am sitting in Redding Toyota waiting to get somebody to check this thing out.

My gut says I got a bad batch of fuel and plugged a filter, could also be a fuel pump.

Do fuel pumps go slow on these things with declining performance or do they just die.

The last thing I want to have to do is let an unknown service department 500 miles from home have a heyday with my 80.

I don't mind paying for work that is needed just want to be sure we hit the right thing as soon as possible.

If somebody has some good advice please call me

503-702-3998

Thank You

Chris

Wish I could help with more than an immediate bump - I'm far from home and my FSM or I'd start trouble shooting for you.

Give it a few more minutes and somebody will (hopefully) offer some advice.

My 91 fule pump started going out , the truck would started having the (running out of gas feeling) it dint really have a loss of power.if i would add too much throttle the engine would cut out and when i back off the engine would pick up again and run good again .I think a gloged fule filter will give the same feeling.
Not sure if my 3f would be the same as the 93 1fz.
that is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom