Upgrading to SS brake lines. Do I need extended length? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2" lift on my truck and wanted to upgrade to stainless steel brake lines. I've shopped around and found Goodridge has them Goodridge G-Stop Brake Lines

Questions is, are those appropriate for a lifted truck or do I need to go with something longer?

Thanks!

I recently replace mine with StopTech SS lines after lifting the LC with Tough Dog susp (1-in front lift and 2-in rear) and I did not need to have extended length SS lines.

Cool thanks for the info guys

I recently replace mine with StopTech SS lines after lifting the LC with Tough Dog susp (1-in front lift and 2-in rear) and I did not need to have extended length SS lines.

Did you notice any difference. I've used them on different cars and bikes in the past. I can always tell on bikes, but cars are sometimes yes, sometimes not at all. I've considered getting them for the next flush, however.

I added StopTech SS lines when I upgraded to DBA rotors and TRD pads. The lines are definitely an improvement over that flaccid stock feel.

Front: StopTech (950.44025)
Rear: StopTech (950.44519)

Can @ZenCruiser or @T4Runner confirm those are the correct part #s? The StopTech online catalog doesn't list any hoses for 09 or 13 200 (I searched both) and then I searched those part #s, which are from Amazon, on their website, but doesn't list their application. Appreciate it!

If that's correct StopTech runs $143 versus $284 for Goodridge.

Can @ZenCruiser or @T4Runner confirm those are the correct part #s? The StopTech online catalog doesn't list any hoses for 09 or 13 200 (I searched both) and then I searched those part #s, which are from Amazon, on their website, but doesn't list their application. Appreciate it!

I have a 2014 LC. Those are the same part no.s that I got. FYI, I paid $113 w/free shipping thru THMotorsports in 1/2018.

***EDITED - CORRECTED***

I must correct what I wrote here last week about the fitment of the StopTech Rear SS inner hoses. Therefore, StopTech SS lines are a good fit and good deal for our LC200s.

I previously wrote that my mechanic discovered that the connectors did not properly fit through the OEM brackets on the both the axle side and the frame side. And that was not correct.

I spent sometime under the truck last night to see why StopTech said they saw no design problems on their end. The answer to my issue was my mechanic installed the left hose on the right bracket and vice versa. I switched the hoses and was able to complete the installation of the inside SS lines. Needless to say, I lost faith in my mechanic.

Length-wise, I did wish that the hoses were a little longer but they did fit.

Good luck.

Zen

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom