Upgraded steering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This has probably been gone over thousands of times but I'm trying to do disc brakes on the front of my 69 FJ55. I had a line on a FJ60 front axle but someone else got to it before me. I think I have enough mini truck parts (knuckles, spindles) to put it together that way. I was going to use the upgraded V6 IFS calipers and vented rotors, but my question was in regards to steering.

With all of this mish mash of years/parts, what kind of steering arms do I need? Mini truck? I've been eyeballing the Marlin 25mm upgrade. Would this work? If I went this route, would I have to move the steering box? And/or change the box?

Thanks for any input. I know this is beating a dead horse but the searches all end up with links that don't work or the info is just way to overwhelming.

Haha upgraded steering. That'
This has probably been gone over thousands of times but I'm trying to do disc brakes on the front of my 69 FJ55. I had a line on a FJ60 front axle but someone else got to it before me. I think I have enough mini truck parts (knuckles, spindles) to put it together that way. I was going to use the upgraded V6 IFS calipers and vented rotors, but my question was in regards to steering.

With all of this mish mash of years/parts, what kind of steering arms do I need? Mini truck? I've been eyeballing the Marlin 25mm upgrade. Would this work? If I went this route, would I have to move the steering box? And/or change the box?

Thanks for any input. I know this is beating a dead horse but the searches all end up with links that don't work or the info is just way to overwhelming.

s what I meant

My word. What is going on? Honestly I'm typically not this messed up. I've only had one beer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom