Unwanted uppwards scrolling on Phone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'am having trouble with solving this annoying problem.

When reading a tread on my Samsung phone the tread starts automatically scrolling upwards when i'am not deliberatitly holding my finger on the spot where i'am reading.

I've had this with a Samsung S8 and now with my S10+-
In google chrome there is a setting where you can choose ''Computer adapted webside'' so it looks like a normal pc screen vieuw.
This seems to get rid of this issue but it gives a very tiny image which you need to zoom in to read normally.
This problem popped up sometime under the lifespan of my S8. Never had this when the S8 was new.
It is NOT happening with other websides ,only on MUD

Is this a Samsung issue or a MUD thing ??

You are the only person reporting the issue....so chasing it down becomes a major challenge.

You might post in the Help - Announcements section and someone better skilled at that stuff can respond.

Does it occur with other browsers on the phone?

Wow ,the only person on Mud with this problem. Yep, same issue with microsoft Edge and Samsung internet .
On my laptop with chrome it works normal.

Hmmm....70% of site use is mobile, including my Pixel3 to reply now....and no scroll issues reported.

And it appears my previous mobile reply didn't catch that we WERE in the Help section....lol

Are you blocking anything at the phone settings level? JavaScript or anything??

Accessibility on my P3....unsure what would cause the issue there tho

Not blocking anything.
One more strange thing.Again only on Mud 😁, I can swipe the whole screen to the left ,which can not be done with other websites.

So, what approximate date did this start?? Strangely, I'm thinking it is related to GDPR and blocking of technologies needed to display the site...

About a half year ago if I remember correctly.
This is only happening on the forum pages and not on the Mud home page.

Lol neither have I......

Update,

While i was discussing this issue i clicked several times on the colored ih8mud.com symbol on the top left hand of the page.
This seems to have updated/reloaded something ( Chrome shortcuts ) which makes my mobile work normal again.
This must have something to do with transferring info to a new mobile.
Say from s6 to s8 or to s10 with the Samsung smart switch app.
Strange that it only affects Mud forum function. Other websites and mail websites are not affected by this.

hmmm....that IS strange....but my next guess was a cookie reset of some sort (which is what clicking that symbol may have done)

Hopefully this solution works for anyone else who experiences similar oddities :) Thanks for posting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom