Unofficial Wrench Day Part IV - Saturday August 25th (1 Viewer)

What day would people like to come and help me drop a tranny!

• Sunday the 19th after safety inspection

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend of 25th/26th

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BreckenridgeCruiser

I break things.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
teqtach.com
The time has come to drop the tranny on the HZJ44. I have some high jack stands on the way from amazon and will tackle this job in the next couple of weeks. I will post up details as they solidify, but it will most likely be a Saturday in August.

Watch this space!

Sounds fun!

Should be good... I need to drop the crossmember holding the rear lower control arms to the frame to be able to un-stab the tranny. then I can drop the tranny cross and pull the transmission out... Then we wait!

Okay! Beaker needs to get his butt back on the trail! I have two weekends selected for taking the trans/trans down. Please let me know your availability if you want to come on either of the two dates in the poll above.

Work will most likely start Friday evening with the majority being on Saturday with any last items being handled on the following Sunday.

Snacks and pizza and some beverages for helpers and hecklers.

Bump!

Oh, and if I do the 18th, it would really be the 19th after the safety inspection...

Really this is just watch me pull a tranny... Hello? Beuller? ;):cheers:

If I get any kind of break it will be the 19th. Ill keep this in mind

I may have time after the safety inspection and possibly spraying the Raptor liner on the roof of my ride on the 19th in the AM. So maybe PM on Sunday.

What color are you spraying? Would love to see the finished product!

Custom color match for moonglow

Out of town, bumemd to miss it.

Depending on how it goes, it may be a long process! I hope it doesn't come to that, but you never know.

Plus I'll do Wrench Day Part V for the reinstallation!

So.. I'm going to start digging in on the 19th and see how far I get. I could see myself getting all of the prep work done to allow for the drop and then drop the actual transmission the following weekend...

I'll post more details on Friday about times and location.

So... last week I did nothing on the rig. This Saturday (25th) I will be doing the full drop and palleting the tranny for shipment.

I will have LaCriox (to bait Mike @leucadiacruiser into swinging by) and some other beverages, as well as homemade guac from our trees. If enough people swing by we have an awesome NY style pizza place I will order pizza from as well. Swing on by to lend a hand, or make fun of my crazy Rube Goldberg setup to keep the truck stabilized during the work!

@leucadiacruiser and anyone else thinking of swinging by.... I'll be starting around 9:30 after a quick run to Vons.

The address is in the private forum in the other unofficial wrench day thread...

Update... Got the truck positioned, which was a bigger job than expected. The first photo is where II need it to do the work... The second shows where it was before... Four point turn with all pushing and no help from the truck itself!

I prepped by having the tranny electronics disconnected and the shifter assemblies out..

Taking a break and then probably doing the actual drop tomorrow.

IMG_20180825_131709.jpg

IMG_20180530_192733.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom