Unmodified Classification Rule (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys, I have a 92 HZJ75 that I will be shipping back to the states in 2 years. By then I will meet the 25 year rule, but I wanted clarification on the unmodified clause. I know it calls out specifically engine replacements, but are there any other modifications that aren't allowed? Some of the wording references stock condition, so if I have a bull bar, winch, aftermarket lockers, different seats in the back, etc., stuff that isn't stock could they call that modified?

Anyone with experience beyond the engine rule?

Thanks in advance

As long as the engine matches what's on the original vin you are good to go. Alot of import guys have issues with engine swaps becuase they get the title changed to match but it need to be origianl. other than that everything else is pretty much fair game.

I shipped my hj61 back its all stock but all they cared about was 25 years old original engine and 1/4 tank of fuel.

As long as the engine matches what's on the original vin you are good to go. Alot of import guys have issues with engine swaps becuase they get the title changed to match but it need to be origianl. other than that everything else is pretty much fair game.

I shipped my hj61 back its all stock but all they cared about was 25 years old original engine and 1/4 tank of fuel.

So the vehicle can't have more than 1/4 tank of fuel?

Thanks for the quick reply- which company did you use? Mind telling how much you paid?

It was shipped with my job.. but I have seen quotes from 1500-3000.. and I think it's more or less based off of weight not so much the overall size.. could be wrong there. Not sure where you are located but if ur in the states the land cruiser import company seems to be your best bet.. land cruiser direct I beleive.

I saw a registered hj61 on Phoenix craigslist for 25k... crazy the price these thing can bring..

Rule is for stock (model year appropriate) engine. I have heard od many trucks not being allowed in because the engine is not appropriate for model year, but not for after market parts. But don't overlook parts that may not be considered safety compliant in eyes of someone scrutinizing your truck. Also, budget for CBP "tapping" your container for intrusive inspection, if they do (seems to be 1 out 5) you will incur all the cost to sequester, store inspect, x-ray your truck. Could be anywhere between 500 and 1,500 dollars. I've learned the hard way.... Not importing that much any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom