UCA comparisons by number?

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by Smaddox, May 8, 2018.

1. Smaddox

Smaddox

Hi all,

I've been looking around a few places and have yet to find answer on the drop difference between UCA's that was backed by any numbers/measurements.

I have the newer model SPC UCA's on my FJC. Have had them for almost a year. No complaints. When doing some research on other items, l/t coilovers for example. The argument comes up that the SPC's will not provide as good articulation and drop as other after market UCA's. Such as TC, Icon, All-pro, etc.. However, if you go to SPC's website, or call their technicians, they claim they were designed to have just as much drop/articulation as the others. http://www.spcalignment.com/compone...J Cruiser&year=2012 - &from=USAFrom&to=USATo

So the question.. has anyone ever actually done the numbers to see if there is much, if any difference? I know the heim/uni-ball joints are stronger, but they're also more maintenance and rougher/louder.

If anyone can provide info that'd be awesome!

2. BMThiker

BMThiker I aim to misbehave Moderator SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
  3. BMThiker

BMThiker I aim to misbehave Moderator SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    As mine are now, the TC arm touches the coil spring at full droop. I don't have extended bump stops or jounce bumpstops, so I have some wheel rub up top at full compression too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.