Tuttle Creek Spring 07 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Summary:

What: Spring Freeze 07
When: March 07
Where: Tuttle Creek ORV
Who: Bob_G, kc_chevota, shotgun, kruizinboots, eyezlee, Spencer S., John I.
W…carnage: I took two hits to my rockers (one on each side), tore my bumper endcap off, lost a chrome driprail trim (thankfully recovered by bob who spotted it on the side of the trail—I’m glad I'm not the only one drawn to shiny objects); kc tore off his drivers side exhaust; john had two broken skidplate bolts…

Trail Report (more of a narrative really or a play by play if you will):

So I find myself sitting at my desk Friday afternoon trying to focus (which is usually a challenge in it’s self) on the task at hand…In the back of my mind are the classic “what am I forgetting to pack” and “I can’t wait to get out of here” thoughts—plus visions of rob already there wheeling alone because no one took Thursday off. Ok, the boss steps out for a smoke… here’s my chance…(now picture an office with about 50 cubes) Lock my computer, stand up, look around—see no one, grab my coffee cup and slip to the back staircase…I made it, not one person that matters saw me so I’m out of work early…Hoof it down 13 flight of stairs (because an elevator could not contain my excitement;p )…casually walk through the front lobby…step out the front door with a smile and just by pure dumb luck who do I see? My boss…smoking…chitchatting with others.:doh: (Well duh you say. Smokers are supposed to hide by the back door) I walk by, now with a dead serious look on my face…I get all the way across the street and I hear “Have a good weekend Matt!”…I turn to see another coworker ratted me out and my boss has now spotted me…I wave and say “you too” while I try not to flip them off…:censor:

Ok, I’m now free. It’s about 2 pm. The ’60 is loaded and gassed up. I stop to pickup my copilot. She’s freshly napped and chipper as ever. We hop in the car, put on our shades and grab a couple cold ones…er…juice boxes and hit the road…pull onto the highway and crank the stereo….

”Get your motor running
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
In whatever comes our way

Yeah, darlin', gonna make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once and
Explode into space………..”.

We were having fun now!..

An hour later I pull into Manhattan’s wally world parking lot…rugrat and I have to pick up a few more things that I forgot…as I walk through the store I am delighted by the scenery in which a college town provides if you know what I mean (wish I would have wore my shaded in here:D )…we grab our stuff and some things rugrat “had” to have and we were on our way to Randolph.

4 pm Friday. Campground is empty, rob is nowhere to be found…my folks are expected in about 2 hours so we head up the playground in Randolph (which is very nice for a town that size)…we played and played some more…supper time: we head back to the campsite…grill up some burgers…set up camp—alone:flipoff2: …my folks show up and set up their camper…we crawl inside, chitchat a little and hit the hay.

730am Saturday rugrat crows like a rooster and we’re up whether we want to or not…first look outside and what do I see? A big red bus with big red 40 on back—Rob rolled in sometime in the night…we grill up some French toast, drink some coffee and chitchat while the rest of the group rolls in…Bob_G sets up camp…Spencer S. rolls up carrying Shotgun and Kruizinboots who both forgot to pack their 40’s (Side note: car pooling is allowed to the general meeting, carpooling is not allowed to club runs :flipoff2: )…Now we’re waiting for osagecruiser and osagecruiser JR…we air down and head to the park.

1100 We declare marc MIA and hit the trail…I lead the pack with Hannah navigating…she did pretty good, we managed to hit all the popular areas stopping at the Ledges for a little while to play and take pics…We continue along the fence-line route and head back to camp about 2 for lunch…A quick call to osage confirms they won’t make it after all and we head back to wheel, minus one rig…that afternoon we bounced around the park hitting everything we could find…6pm our stomachs were growling so we head back to camp…welded mufflers back on…grilled up potatoes, chicken, and steak…ate then gathered around the campfire…

Sunday morning rob treated us to b-burritos, bob brought out coffee, and someone else brought the wind…my folks packed up to head back to SD…three rigs go wheeling for a few hours and called it a day about 1…

On the way home we hit whackdonalds in Wamego and found another nice playground…played and played some more…then cruised home to find mom anxiously waiting…

I need to thank bob and rob for staying on the easy stuff all weekend; no doubt you guys were bored.

Last edited:
Some of my pics
DSC00918r.JPG
DSC00927r.JPG
DSC00936r.JPG

A few more
DSC00930r.JPG
DSC00971r.JPG
DSC00976r.JPG

Great write-up, Matt! I see Hannah digs the wheelin'! The thing about sheetmetal is, the more willing you are to bend it, the more money you save on upgrades, like bumpers and sliders and tires, etc.

:D

Steve

Matt,

Great write-up. Looks like you guys had decent weather.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it! I had fun writing it...;) I sort of ran out of steam towards the end, maybe I'll think up somthing to "fluff" it up a little later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom