Tundra TRD Pro vs Ram Rebel: Rock Warriors in Action

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Nice to see some Rock Warriors in action. Installing mine soon.
We all know what the better truck is and the video bears this out.

It's not all bad for Fiat Chrysler - the Ram does have better headlights, a little more rear clearance, the clever lockable bed partitions (extra cost option) and a quieter interior. :) But what's up with the 800-point font on the tailgate? Is it so people can see you have a Ram from over a mile away?

Nice to see some Rock Warriors in action. Installing mine soon.
We all know what the better truck is and the video bears this out.

It's not all bad for Fiat Chrysler - the Ram does have better headlights, a little more rear clearance, the clever lockable bed partitions (extra cost option) and a quieter interior. :) But what's up with the 800-point font on the tailgate? Is it so people can see you have a Ram from over a mile away?

Frankly, their comparison seems to be about as close to a toss-up as you'll find. Surprised how well the RAM stacked up.

Despite the fact that I own a Cummins powered Ram, I'm not that up to date in their line up. BUT, I thought the Power Wagon was their off-road beast with lockers and sway bar disconnect system similar to a Rubicon. So I guess I don't understand this comparison.

I thought the Power Wagon would have been a more comparable line up as well...

It was a close comparo, but if they did a longitudinal study say, I wonder who would be the undisputed winner...

I think the AEV version of the PW is awesome and I wish there was a comparable Slee or Jowett version...

Last edited:
I thought the Power Wagon would have been a more comparable line up as well...

It was a close comparo, but if they did a longitudinal study say, I wonder who would be the undisputed winner...

I think the AEV version of the PW is awesome and I wish there was a comparable Slee or Jowett version...

No question which one I'd still still consider buying with 120k miles on it...

Coming soon:
image.jpeg

I like the standard Warn winch integrated into the factory front bumper. Ground clearance is excellent and among the best you can get from the factory along with the Wrangler.

Not a fan of the over the top cheesiness in the design, side design graphic, and 800 point font.

Last edited:
What I find interesting is the RW don't even come on that truck. So they had to change them out from the 18's that came on it and put different tires on it. So basically what gave it the 12 points to edge out the Ram was the RW.... :)

What I find interesting is the RW don't even come on that truck. So they had to change them out from the 18's that came on it and put different tires on it. So basically what gave it the 12 points to edge out the Ram was the RW.... :)

I noticed that too, seems like most of them came with 18s but some of the cars provided to press, some of the earlier reviews, and some of the comparison tests have the Rock Warriors:

TRD Pro Tundra 4x4 comes in orange but looks awesome in Super White

Then look at the Wikipedia article and the picture at the left:
Toyota Tundra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The RWs may have been an option for 2015, but for 2016 the TRD Pro has either the 18s or you can pay an extra $1200 for heavier and worse 20s!

Last edited:
Power Wagon is def Dodges go to "offroad rig" but the Rebel is a closer comparison to the TRD Pro Tundra. Both are 1/2 ton trucks, no lockers, etc. The Power Wagon is in a class of its own to be honest aside from the new Pro-4X Titan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom