Tucson body shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have a rust issue that needs repaired and is beyond my skill level. Anyone have a shop in tucson they recommend? Or if anyone has body repair skills and want to take on a small project? Its just too tight of a space for me and i really have no idea what i am doing with it being double walled.
20210411_115217.jpg
20210411_122205.jpg

20210411_121159.jpg

Welding/fab shop would prob be the best place to go. Looks like an easy fix for a competent metalworker.

Only thing I would ad is I would want to be sure I corrected what caused this to happen before making any repairs. Is the it possible has a roof leaks that keeps getting the padding wet right there? Is it leaking from underneath?

Only thing I would ad is I would want to be sure I corrected what caused this to happen before making any repairs. Is the it possible has a roof leaks that keeps getting the padding wet right there? Is it leaking from underneath?

I looks like an issue with the factory seal where the two metals are joined together at. My friend that has the same year HJ61 has a damn near identical rust spot there as well.

Repair is complete. He gave me the option to make it look perfect and paint it white or leave it black.. i took the cheaper route because one day ill get the entire body repainted and worry about the color matching at that point, for now i am being cheap plus carpet will be going back in. But big picture is the rust is gone from that spot. If anyone needs body work done and wants to talk with this guy shoot me a pm and ill give you his info. He works from home so not trying to post his stuff on a public forum.
20210419_205236.jpg
20210419_205257.jpg

@wildling thanks the the recommendation. He said he is a hotrod guy but is starting to get a soft spot for cruisers.. maybe we can get him on board one day! He showed me pictures of your 40, do you have a thread on that?

Repair is complete. He gave me the option to make it look perfect and paint it white or leave it black.. i took the cheaper route because one day ill get the entire body repainted and worry about the color matching at that point, for now i am being cheap plus carpet will be going back in. But big picture is the rust is gone from that spot. If anyone needs body work done and wants to talk with this guy shoot me a pm and ill give you his info. He works from home so not trying to post his stuff on a public forum.
View attachment 2650691View attachment 2650692

@wildling thanks the the recommendation. He said he is a hotrod guy but is starting to get a soft spot for cruisers.. maybe we can get him on board one day! He showed me pictures of your 40, do you have a thread on that?
I’m so thrilled John took good care of you. He is extremely talented and a good friend of mine.
The short answer on a build thread for my 40 is no (or not yet 😬). Haha. I’ve been refreshing the old girl for the last few years and just lost track of documenting the work in a thread. I think you’ve lit a fire under my butt to get a thread started. I’ll try and get that going soon. Maybe I’ll reach out to John and get him a mud account so he can participate in documenting all the good work he did on the 40. As a bonus, that would allow him to be more accessible to our community. We’ll see what happens. Take care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom