Trying to get my FJ40 from Oregon to Georgia cheap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rooster47

SILVER Star
Threads
It's a long story, but I'm trying to get my FJ40 from my parents house near Portland, OR to where I live now in Warner Robins, GA. Wasn't sure where to post this. I have gotten a few quotes, but was surprised to find out how much I'm looking at. I shipped a Unimog up the West coast years ago, and was expecting it to be in line with that... Anyway I'm looking for some good ideas, maybe? Worth asking I guess.
Thanks

@Riverrunner might be able to help you out with that. I know he's shipped a lot of cruisers for mud members and does great work

I probably won't be of much help for a "cheap" shipment since shipping a hunk of rolling steel across the country just isn't very cheap. Ballpark would be $1500 or so.

Thanks for letting me know. That's about what I've been hearing. Sounds like I need to keep trying to persuade my dad to trailer it down...

Yeah ditto ^^ i need a 100 shipped from berkley to PA. Whats the horror story?

Bad shipper peeled his door backwards unloading his 80 with fresh overall paint job.

Bad shipper peeled his door backwards unloading his 80 with fresh overall paint job.
Yup, that was my guy, unfortunately. Silly mistake on the drivers part for sure, but he did pay the body shop for the repairs and @scottryana couldn't have been easier to deal with in that situation.

Yup, that was my guy, unfortunately. Silly mistake on the drivers part for sure, but he did pay the body shop for the repairs and @scottryana couldn't have been easier to deal with in that situation.

Didn't know that. I know that stuff happens. The fact that you jumped right on the response means you are not bad at all. I'll say you are a human doing the best you can.

Cheers.

So my dad was able to get some more shipping quotes for me. I now have a couple at $1000 and a couple at $1200. Just not sure how concerned I need to be about taking the lowest quote... I've only shipped a vehicle once before, and it went smoothly. Not sure what concerns I should have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom