Trying to fix the oil level sensor (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm tired of the oil level warning light on the dash. Sure I could just ignore it or pull the bulb out but I'm trying to keep things in good working order.

I think like many others, the plug has disintegrated over time leaving bare wires exposed. Luckily you can still find replacement plugs (90980-11235) to fix the wiring. I was able to find an aftermarket option that came ready with pigtail wiring already in place.

RzgXL1Hh.jpg

I then bought a new gasket (90430-27001).

Lastly, I tested the switch per the FSM by placing it heated liquid and check resistance of the float as it moves up & down. Everything tested fine so that tells me the switch itself works.

eYjfry0h.png

So that brings me to my question. Which wire goes where? The harness coming down the block has a Pink wire and a White/Black wire. Per the EWD, the pink wire goes to the bulb on the dash, White/Black is goes to ground. The switch looks to have dual contacts. Does that mean it doesn't matter how I connect the Pink & White/Black wires to the oil level sensor? I do see the diagram below has a #1 going to Pink and #2 going to White/Black - are those supposed to be pins on the plug? I'd like to get it right before making connections.

2Kmp4Thh.png

It almost certainly doesn't matter, since it's just a continuity/no continuity switch.

It looks like the sensor is labeled O1 in that wiring diagram. If you go further in that document, it should show a cross section view of the connector. That should tell you which pin is "1" and which is "2". I don't have the full EWD on me or I'd check myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom