Truckhaven Hills, So. Ca. Thanksgiving weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

shoot, was hoping to make it, and then decided I had to go to the office the whole weekend instead... :frown:

Got VERY, VERY windy, even for the desert late Saturday afternoon, and those of us in tents bailed out. Otis's 6 ft tent was bent over to about 4 feet from the wind. No way to cook outdoors w/o including a good portion of desert dust in your food! Traffic from the 29 Palms exit all the way into Banning was 5-20mph. Lots of folks had the same idea we had bailing out due to the wind a day early.

Thanks Chris! Not bad getting my 80 thru some of those tight areas your 40 had no issues with. Loved your two wheel balancing act!

A few pics of Otis and the one piece of fun I didn't do.
Chris1.JPG
Chris2.JPG
Chris3.JPG

Brent is that you wheeling w/ the big boys? Go on with your bad self! :thumbsup:

That 40 looks sweet, flip down the glass it looks so cool.

Yep - had a blast. Otis said if I'd only stopped a little sooner in one place he'd have gotten an actual poser pic of my big boy with her left wheel airborne. :cool: I felt like a tank with the 40's I was with, but held my own w/o damage (ok - I finished toasting the trailer electrical outlet and put one nice set of scratches in the front PS bumper and lots under the Kaymar). Got braver and had more fun as the day went on and my confidence got a little better (never, never cocky - that would be stupid and dangerous). Learned lots! Otis took some great shots. Despite the low turnout, the group was a lot of fun!

That's Otis's wheeling 40. He's got one VERY SWEET blue 40 he's restored. Pics were up on that from the Japanese Classic Car Show a month or so ago.

FirstToy said:
Brent is that you wheeling w/ the big boys? Go on with your bad self! :thumbsup:

That 40 looks sweet, flip down the glass it looks so cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom