Truck lurches forward after hard quick braking... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had similar issue to this...

let’s say I’m driving the speed limit and a traffic light changes to yellow and I got the brakes quickly and hard. As I come to a stop the truck wants to do a jerk forward before coming to full stop.

Other scenario is driving and I hit the brakes expecting a car to be accelerating sooner at a green light then quickly switch from brake to gas and I get a solid “thunk” before normal operation continues.

The above doesn’t happen often - just when I’m surprised at quick changes (which I’m trying to prevent the best I can)

I’m driving with 33” tires and getting 15.3MPG. Odometer is 305
Do I have a tranny issue? Torque converter issue?

Any suggestions for trying to figure out what the trucks deal is?

Is your rear driveshaft slip yolk lubed up properly?

Replace front brakes lines. Probably swollen from heat. Then when the AC kicks on it will lurch because the line doesn’t hold constant pressure anymore.

Is your rear driveshaft slip yolk lubed up properly?
this probably the issue with the clunk. But are you at 305k miles? If so it’s possible tranny is going...

Ok - greased as many of the zerk fittings that I could see on the slip yoke.

tested er out. No clunk on breaking.

acceleration after the had stop seems to take a while to respond then a bit of a thunk as it gets into gear and then catches up to the rpm’s

anyone have some trouble shooting tips?

Check for stuck pistons in the brake calipers. Could be sticking under hard braking, then releasing under torque.

The rear driveshaft extends during hard braking. Once the vehicle is stopped, the driveshaft slide yoke stays in the extended position. Once you take the foot of the brake, it releases and slides back into place creating a clunk feel. There was an old TSIB from Lexus that we use to perform, (replace the driveshaft), but the clunk would return.
You can separate the 2 pieces, apply valve lapping compound, work it back and fort to smooth out the splines, clean and apply grease, reinstall, it will work for a while, or just live with it. My gen 3 4Runner does it, so does my 2006 GX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom