Trouble with the transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
'93 I have a problem with the transmission. Shift it to reverse and it's okay, but when I shift to drive, it won't go. And 2nd gear too. And when I shift down to L, it goes. Engine and the transmission has 290,000+ miles. Just drained and filled the transmission two months ago. I change the transmission fluid every 8 to 10 thousand miles. Everything shifts smoothly, no noise or clanging. What's the problem with it?

Three hours after it happened, everything is fine.

'93 I have a problem with the transmission. Shift it to reverse and it's okay, but when I shift to drive, it won't go. And 2nd gear too. And when I shift down to L, it goes. Engine and the transmission has 290,000+ miles. Just drained and filled the transmission two months ago. I change the transmission fluid every 8 to 10 thousand miles. Everything shifts smoothly, no noise or clanging. What's the problem with it?

Three hours after it happened, everything is fine.

Howdy
You stepped on the brake pedal :hillbilly::grinpimp:?!
I had the same problem to when I had brain injury and almost to take apart the shift stick, when, by miracle the cruiser speed engaged :grinpimp:. After that I found that I need to steep on the brake :hillbilly::flipoff2:!! Fxxx !!

Tranny throttle cable? Like a dummy I loosened instead of tightened the cable (more slack) and would lose reverse sporadically.

Check for slack, its attached to the throttle body linkage and is under the cable running from the gas pedal (if youre looking at it from the ds side top left is the gas, top right is cruise control, and the one below both of these with the red nipple is the tranny throttle cable). 14mm wrench is needed.

D

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom