Trollhole Carb instructions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a new in box trollhole carb from another MUD member for a bargain, but it didn't include any kind of paperwork or instructions. And I've looked for an obvious place in the Trollhole vendor forum for a direct link to instructions. I am putting it on a '77 40. I saw a few threads that outlined the accommodations that i need to make for my model year, but I am just wondering if there are any direct instruction that i can use as a reference as I get started?

Or are the guidelines below the only instructions that are available?
If you have an earlier cruiser 09/73-1979 you will need to do a few things to make it fit.

1. the carb is shorter than the original. If you are using the stock air cleaner and use this carb there will be a 9mm gap between them. I have made an adapter that will fix this. You just slide it over the top. I designed it to be a tight fit and if you still have your gasket on your air cleaner I'd recommend installing the adapter in the air cleaner first. You can use a twisting motion to get it in.

2. The early choke cables have no provision for a cable stop (little lead barrel on the end of the cable). I supply a cable stop so that you can still use your early choke cable. It should be pretty easy to figure out how it goes. Basically you insert the stop in the choke cable mechanism on the carb with the screw facing out. Then insert the cable and tighten it down.

3. Fuel lines. The carb sits 9mm lower than the stock early carbs. This means the fuel inlet is 9mm low. This shouldn't be a problem but it will require you to slightly bend the fuel line to get it to fit.

4. You will need to attach a female spade connector to your idle solenoid wire on your harness. Or if you have your old carb you can cut that connector off and splice it on the new one so it has the factory look.

5. If you have a fuel return line currently on your carb. Plug it. You won't need it for this carb. You can cap it at the carb or better yet cap it at the fuel pump. One less thing to have to worry about.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom