Transmission won't shift when the trucks running but will when its not..wtf? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So i drive a 1981 yota p/u 4x4 with the l45 4spd manual trans and am having some problems. I can start the truck in gear with the clutch in and it wont take off but if i go to take off and let the clutch out normally/slowly it take a second then all of a sudden jerks and then goes but then i go to shift and i cant find any gears?? Any comments or suggestions will help. Not my first manual so i know how to drive it. Im courious if it is my clutch or a master/slave cylinder?
Thanks

Put the t-case in neutral with the engine running and go through the gears and see if you can hear anythin that sounds wrong. have you checked the oil level lately?

Put the t-case in neutral with the engine running and go through the gears and see if you can hear anythin that sounds wrong. have you checked the oil level lately?
Yeah i just changed the oil recently and it felt great after that.
Ill out the t-case in neutral when i get home from work.
Thanks

So why would a 1995 4runner with a 5 spd suddenly have shifting problems? Never had clutch slippage or any transmission issues. Basically, it'll row through the gears with or without pressing in the clutch if the truck is NOT running. If it is running, you need to start it in gear and plan on leaving it there! Can't shift if the engines running, including reverse...

So anyone have an idea what the issue is?
Same problem with my 90 nissan D-12 truck someone help!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom