Transmission Problem!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I have a problem with my H151F transmission. Since I bought my 80 series my 3rd gear had a sound when shifting into it and the 4th gear has been always hard to shift to.
I broke my 5th gear few months ago and I took the transmission out of the car then took it apart and replaced:

-5th gear.
-Complete Output shaft.
-Complete Gear Counter.
-All Syncronizers.

I replaced few other parts such as a syncro hub, Struts, keys and small parts that for my criteria I wanted to replace.
Basically replaced all the parts that I saw "used" or in a little bad shape.

Then I put everything back together properly and used Redline MT-90. The sound from 3rd gear dissapared completely I can shift from 1-2-3 with no issues at all. However I still struggle going to 4th gear.
For some strange reason if I go from 5th to 4th it shifts smoothly but from 2to4 or 3to4 it gets stuck and I simple cannot shift to four. If the car is njot moving I can go to 4th from any gear with no issues.

Additional to all this... I recently had an issue as well: I tried to shift into reverse and the stick simple got stuck, I was stuck in 4th I was not able to get out of it, I was forced to remove the this cover:

1593328219686.png

Then I manually released the 4th gear, put everything back together and everything normal.

Any idea why???

Rob.

I'm not an expert nor have had one if these apart, but what you describe points to a bent shifting fork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom