Transmission Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello I need some help,

97 80, placed the transfer case in low 4 and everything was fine. When trying to go back into neutral it goes with no issues. When I put the Transmission back into drive I get nothing. I can drive with it in 4L or 4H but when I put the transfer case in neutral i cant move?

Isn’t the transfer case suppose too stay in neutral while normal driving. When I put it into N and the transmission into drive/ Reverse i get nothing.

You are not going anywhere when transfer case is in neutral, except when you are on slope. It will roll when on slope with transfer case in neutral. Normal driving in 4H.

You are not going anywhere when transfer case is in neutral, except when you are on slope. It will roll when on slope with transfer case in neutral. Normal driving in 4H.
Okay I guess I’m an Idiot and missing it. I was thinking my transfer case is always in neutral while everyday use. Once off road I would shift into 4L or 4H. Thanks maybe should have stuck to my 60 or get out to use the 80 since getting it. ..:)

Last edited:
It’s all wheel drive all 4 wheels drive all the time. Your thinking of a 4wd with 2wd as well as neutral 4H and 4L

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom