transferred my rigid led lights over to the lexus from my wrecked 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
9B4E63A7-46B3-4342-BA61-75B1554BEAC3.jpeg
05AD2C33-4C57-4A3F-8A5C-2477EED07A43.jpeg

one of the best upgrades I ever did to the 4runner was to invest in good lights. I live in a very rural area about 60 miles to closest streetlight so the need for more light when driving is always a must. The outer most lights are white hyperfocal driving lights with a 5 degrees beam pattern that are wired directly to the high beams and the inner most lights are yellow driving lights that are wired to the fog lights. So the interior is stock and the lights work the way i need them to. Was surprised at how good of shape they were in after 4 years on the 4runner, 150,000 miles in the salt filled winters we have. Drove the lexus home from the barn and was astounded at how good they were. Made brackets to mount the lights to, 3/16 steel 3x12 bolted that to the bumper structure and then tapped the plate to screw the lights down to. Aligned them and aimed them the way i wanted them and buttoned it all back together. All in all an amazing day away from reality. Staggered the lights in depth to follow the curve of the bumper and predrilled and tapped another hole for a 3rd light to be added in the future. Really impressed how clean it turned out and equally wont draw attention like a light bar would.

The hyperfocals are absolutely amazing if anyone is considering them. They light up trees about 1-1.5 miles ahead, there beam extends just off the sides of a two lane road. Enough to see animals but not as much as i need. Will in the future get a white driving light to add to the setup so i get more lateral light to see animals better. For those that dwell in cities this is over kill. But on my 30 miles ride to work i pass about 900 deer a bunch of turkeys and the occasional cow wondering down the road and maybe 2 or 3 cars. On the way home something except no cars. So the ability to see animals is a must.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom