Trailer door trim /closer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay. I need to be schooled on how to properly build a trailer door and trim. My goal is to have flush doors with the side walls. I've seen this on other adventure trailers. I would buy a preformed door. However, I have custom dimensions for the doors, and they are extremely expensive. Where I'm stuck is how to build the seal and trim for the door to stop. I found a site that carries a H bar channel, which looks like the best option. What are your guys' thoughts?

H Bar channel
1570461213656.png

Aluminum Chair Molding (h-Molding) (94")
Chair molding extrusion typically used for outer edges of cam lock or bar lock style trailer doors. 1" outer flange makes ideal location for weatherstripping.

Yes! Completely forgot. Looking at them now!

Okay. I need to be schooled on how to properly build a trailer door and trim. My goal is to have flush doors with the side walls. I've seen this on other adventure trailers. I would buy a preformed door. However, I have custom dimensions for the doors, and they are extremely expensive. Where I'm stuck is how to build the seal and trim for the door to stop. I found a site that carries a H bar channel, which looks like the best option. What are your guys' thoughts?

H Bar channel
View attachment 2101273

Aluminum Chair Molding (h-Molding) (94")
Chair molding extrusion typically used for outer edges of cam lock or bar lock style trailer doors. 1" outer flange makes ideal location for weatherstripping.
I know this is a year old, but I was wondering what you ended up using for the door?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom