Trailer based tents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been looking for a trailer based tent, and the only 2 options I have found so far are the Eezi-Awn Globetrekker and the CVT Mt. Mazama. The Globetrekker is out of my price range and the CVT looks like a pain in the ass to put up and take down. Are there any other options I don't know about? The used market is pretty thin also. I know I could use a regular RTT, but I like that the I have full use of the changing room int he trailer based tents, where I would have to build a raise able platform on my trailer to get the same option with my RTT.

A raiseable platform and a regular RTT would be cheaper than the eezi awn you mentioned. Plus there are some advantages to a raised platform that might make it worth your while. I have one that raises with electric actuators but I have seen them with hydraulic also. The best economical version I have seen was one that was raised and lowered with an RV scissor jack.

I had the older Eezi-Awn Globetrotter and loved it. Howling Moon makes something similar but pretty much at the same price point. Be patient and the Globetrotters do hit the aftermarket occasionally. It's how I found mine.

Excellent concept, I wonder how the tent holds up, but the utility of being able to put ATV's etc. on top is hard to beat
They are well made, we have a Sportsman Warehouse here that has them on display. They are also pretty spartan, just a box with a tent on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom