Trail/Trip Recommended Spare Parts 2nd Gen Tundra (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched but haven't been successful in finding a good list of recommended trail/trip spare parts to carry, specific to the Tundra.

I have started putting together my own list but would like some input from anyone who has had a Tundra long term and/or know of common failures. I to tend to go overboard as my LX has given me issues (MAF & O2 sensor) while on long trips that caused some headaches.

Currently I have the following:
SAIS Bypass kit (May install prior to trip)
MAF Sensor
Typical Trail/Trip stuff (fluids, lug nuts, belts, spark plug, etc...)

TIA

Serpentine belt, oil filter, air filter, light bulbs-(interior/exterior), fuses, electrical tape, zip ties, hose clamps, JB Weld Quick and/or steel weld putty sticks, nuts/bolts assortment, spare wire, connectors/terminals, tool kit......

For trips, whether it’s a car or the Tundra I toss an extra spare tire and wheel assembly in the back, usually one of the dedicated snow tires. Anything can happen and having a ‘spare spare’ can save time and grief.

Last edited:
A milwaukee m18 impact and 1/2 inch metric sockets.. and a harbor freight aluminum 150 dollar floor jack..
Maybe i am crazy but i tend to maintain the truck more than spares.. i might change the water pump and brakes and battery.. maybe the alternator.. and the radiator hoses.. change the diff fluids..
A few dozen huge wire ties.. an obd2 code reader. And a tube of rtv... jumper cables

Gallon of coolant and a 5 qt oil jug. And a spare oil filter.. put on new wipers. Before the trip.

Extra ice to keep the beer cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom