Trail Ride - Metberry Gulth 4/19/08 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was so looking forward to making this run but won't be able to. Plus we scored some great seats to the hockey game Saturday to hopefully watch the Avs win the series against the Wild.

Scott

I'll see ya at the Western station. I'll have two big kids and three small ones with me plus maybe another family with 80.

Pictures

Here are Jenny's pictures: tdb7117/Metberry 4-19-8 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was a great day. We rushed to the trail head through mud and snow, thinking we'd be late. We arrived around 9:50, only to find that we were the first ones there. :)

There wasn't much snow to speak of. It's good to see that the vegetation is starting to come back after the fire. We're really lucky to still have this trail.

There were 3 people from Colorado Land Cruisers, 3 from Rising Sun, & 2 from Ram Charger Central in our group. We also met a group of about 22 from Colorado Christian 4x4 club.

We descended an intimidating hill, with a rock outcropping just begging to tear your vehicle open like a can opener. But, we continued on.

There was a very steep rock face just before you get to the river, but we all made it down without mishap.

Keep in mind that we had to go back up the same way we came down, which had us wondering if we'd ever make it out! ;)

We stopped for lunch at the river. It was the perfect place to relax and talk about past and future modifications to our rigs. The kids that came along looked like they were having a blast playing in the river!

This is a perfect trail for capable stock vehicles all the way up to moderately built ones. Hope to see YOU there next time!

Last edited:
Tim and Jenny- Nice job on the trip report!

It was a great day! The girls riding with me would scream "CANNON BALL" every time we found a big mud puddle, we would hit gas and make a splash. It looked like Eric was doing same thing since we would see him make a splash ahead of us and we would know the mud puddle was big enough for a splash.

Tim and Jenny- Nice job on the trip report!

It was a great day! The girls riding with me would scream "CANNON BALL" every time we found a big mud puddle, we would hit gas and make a splash. It looked like Eric was doing same thing since we would see him make a splash ahead of us and we would know the mud puddle was big enough for a splash.

Yep, the kids were having a blast with the big puddles - though we decided to close the sunroof after the first one! :doh:The aftermath:
mudtruck.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom