Tradecarview experiences? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have personal experience with Tradecarview? After reading all I could find it seems they are very interested in moving vehicles but I can't find much on the importing details. I need to know what, other than finding the vehicle one might want, is required in the U.S. to import a 25plus vehicle? I assume arrangements must be made through a broker of some sort and required documents must be secured and fees paid. Where can I find this information? TIA

You'll find that most of the export companies do not do anything for you on the receiving end. You are typically on your own for customs, drayage, and titling. Quite a few people have documented their experience with the process in threads here on mud. The vehicle must be 25 years old by month/year of production and have the original or original-type engine.

It's also difficult to pick a vehicle out of the auction and know what you're getting. For example, here's a BJ74 that was for sale last year. Rated 3.5 (5 scale). The two auction pictures look pretty good. Look at the additional pictures for what we found when we checked it out.

If you're buying from a dealer overseas, you have a better chance to get more photos, ask questions, etc.

Do your due diligence and be careful. Good luck!

00406-BJ74-1.jpg

00406-BJ74-2.jpg

011.jpeg

006.jpeg

007.jpeg

Thanks Steve. Yes, those photos are a bit intimidating and the caution is well taken. Honestly, I'm just intrigued by the process and considering giving it a go but not sure I have the time to follow through at this point. I do appreciate the feedback.

If buying at the auction, make sure you get a very complete auction sheet translation
Any rust over C1, pass on the vehicle. Not worth it.

My tradecarview experience was ok....
Many different dealers list on that site, and some are better than others
I bought a 1997 Subaru Forester Turbo 2 years ago.
-communication was terrible
-Paperwork barely made it for customs clearance, and I had to hound them.
-Export certificate was poorly and partially translated.
-Vehicle was in noticeably lesser condition than advertised. Blurry photos etc.
Other than that, it was a great price and the vehicle was a blast to drive.

It is a toss up between the auction and dealers. Dont buy R or anything less than a grade 3.5 at auction and you should be ok.
For dealers make sure there are lots of pictures. A lot of dealers are starting to post the auction sheet as well as their own inspection reports lately as well.

I've done a bunch of vehicles and always found auction buys were more accurate on the stated condition. Aside from dead batteries, I drove every single one from the port to kelowna with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom