Traction control works well....commentary.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was climbing an extremely steep loose trail full of shelves and gravel. I was driving with street psi andwith bald tires. My 4Runner was beeping like crazy and my heart was thumping like crazye (because I looked down when I was half way up). Man what a rush.

On my FJ, the VSC works way way better than the VSC in my 4Runner. Both do the right job, but the 4Runner takes forever to recover from the VSC knockout. When Toyota recalled my FJ for having bad tires, I pulled the relays for the VSC and ABS and man does the FJ smoke tires!

You let them put that shiny stuff on your tires??!!! :eek:

yeah! You have to put it on! That way when you go through mud, none of it sticks to the tires and it all gets flung up onto the body!

I was climbing an extremely steep loose trail full of shelves and gravel. I was driving with street psi andwith bald tires. My 4Runner was beeping like crazy and my heart was thumping like crazye (because I looked down when I was half way up). Man what a rush.

On my FJ, the VSC works way way better than the VSC in my 4Runner. Both do the right job, but the 4Runner takes forever to recover from the VSC knockout. When Toyota recalled my FJ for having bad tires, I pulled the relays for the VSC and ABS and man does the FJ smoke tires!

Yes...same system, different programming. Try a Sequoia. TRAC cuts throttle in the Seq. You're in sand or mud and you're stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom