Toyota T100 - good or bad? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a pickup in the sub $5500 for hauling crap to and from the apartment building I manage. Also to be used as occasional commuter when I'm not on the bike or the Porsche. Most are in the 150k mi range.

Any thoughts pro or con? Cheers!

Nice truck, under powered as I understand it....

Stay clear of the 3.0L .......

Good to hear! I picked up a 96 4x4 with 140k today. Nothing like a Toyota truck man...

Cheers guys!

Good to hear! I picked up a 96 4x4 with 140k today. Nothing like a Toyota truck man...

Cheers guys!

Congrats, you'll love it. Did you get the 5 speed or the auto. If it was the manual tranny, be sure to check the clutch pedal bracket on the firewall. They sometimes start cracking and need to be re welded. Other than that, they don't seem to have problems.....

Underpowered is a very subjective term. I towed a pig on a car dolly up a 6 mile grade that climbs 2000 feet and the ol T just cruised right up in 3rd gear at 40 mph without even breaking a sweat. If I had wanted to push it, I probly could have pulled it in 4th....

Out of all the Toyota's I have owned I miss my T the most in a special different way, special meaning a full size P.U.

93 Regular cab, 3.0, 5speed, 4WD, 4:89's

Loved the size and most of all the stereo (SR5)

Same great piece of quality as the mini. Only wider, and the cab a little bigger I will have another. 3.0 is not all that bad (get headers) would have been KILLER with a 4.3 but the rear went dry and Toy wanted $900 for the R&P alone.

No comment on 96 and up's

I had a 93 T100 2wd. 3.0 auto..... owned it eight years with no issues. No reason to avoid the 3.0. I had the head gasket replaced, but never had a problem.

No different than the 80 series with the 4.5 litre for hg failures.

I miss my T100. Great city truck. OK on fuel.

They are pretty hard to find and ofter very expensive from what i found. I was going to get one instead of the 80 i purchased a year ago. Go for the 3.4 if you can it has plenty of get up from what i can recall.

It's about the same size as a tundra. Bed is exact i just think the cab area might be smaller.

The regular cab has more leg room and headroom than a tundra. I am 6 feet tall and could stretch right out in my 93. I loved it for super long trips. I used to a long drive that was around 16 hrs long and it was no problem at all.

Damm I miss my T100. Best truck I have owned. On the highways though I always dreamed of it being a v8, as it was a little weak at 120 KPH. Wind could kick it out of OD.

All I can say is so far, so good. Yeah, it's no v8 but it's a nice simple pickup...couldn't ask for much more than that for sub $6k...

Have a feeling I'll be hanging on to it for a while...

Stay clear of the 3.0L .......

My buddy coomutes from Denver to Los Alamos every week in his 3.0-equipped truck, 510,000 miles, original owner/engine/clutch, etc, and it is a built 2wd prerunner with long travel suspension that has been off-road.

No need to dog the 3.0.

My buddy coomutes from Denver to Los Alamos every week in his 3.0-equipped truck, 510,000 miles, original owner/engine/clutch, etc, and it is a built 2wd prerunner with long travel suspension that has been off-road.

No need to dog the 3.0.

YOu did say 510,000 miles right?

Zack

Yeppers. Now with more miles on it.

What kind of mileage do the T-100's get in 2x4. I am looking for a commuter when the roads are good.

Yeppers. Now with more miles on it.

What kind of mileage do the T-100's get in 2x4. I am looking for a commuter when the roads are good.

High teens on the highway. My 2wd 93 always got 22 imperial on the highway. Sometimes better.

In the city 15 or better.

It never felt like it was gulpy on fuel.

I used to get 600 plus KM's per tank on the highway. Once or twice I pushed it to 650.

My freaking 80 is lucky to get 350 kms per tank. Fuel sucking inline engine.

Just wanted to say how happy I am with mine. I have a '96 4x4 t100. I use it to haul crap everywhere. Including the boyscout toop and gear that I take camping once a month here in Oregons back country. I just got back last night from Utah (about 2500 miles round trip). While I was there, I pulled 4 vehichles out of deep, high centering type snow. One was a large green jeep rockcrawler on 37's. I went snow 4wheeling all day when I got there. I also did a same distanced trip for Thanksgiving to San Diego with Milage in the 17-20 range. I reset the trip odom after every fill up to keep track. My truck has over 225k miles and I paid $4k for it last year. I bought it as a beater old truck but am happily suprized with it constantly. The only thing that drives me a little nutty with it is the seet belts...the return springs are week and I understand this is a common prob...but hey...its an old truck and thats the best I can do for a complaint.

if I had the finances and space I would not have sold my T100 4yrs ago. It is missed, but cruisers came into my life and that was that.

The T100 had a lot of plus over the tundra. It was more a mid size truck than a fullsize. But it was bigger than the dakota.

I loved the leg room. Three adults in town was no problem either.

I ended up with a 96 xtra cab 4x4 with manual everything. I paid 5500 for a truck in pretty good condition, and it's black, how could I say no?

Seat belts don't have great return springs for sure, but other than that I had to do the clutch 2 months ago at only 98k miles because the throwout bearing went hari-kari on me in spectacular fashion. Clutch and pressure plate were in VG condition though I replaced them since I was in there. Also rebuilt the rear driveshaft for a bunch of clunking etc. last winter.

Other than those 2 issues it's put gas in and go, great truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom