Toyota scout? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

check out the brake booster on the crown, its on the fender....and it's funky. I believe the crown motor evolved into the motor used in Supra's.

Gig Harbor is loaded with cool old stuff like this :)

a few more Crown pics
31595284.jpg

31595310.jpg

31595295.jpg

Crown Wagon(as sold in US)
37294906.jpg

and the full 1966 Toyota line up
37230038.jpg

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=11056;start=msg100057#msg100057 date=1076028036]
Again,

Great pics John!!

Thanks!!

-Steve
[/quote]

no I can exersize me Cruiser just fine.....but thanks for the offer :D

[quote author=Degnol link=board=1;threadid=11056;start=msg100036#msg100036 date=1076025710]
Cross flow head...Cool. Looks like a sorta cast iron header...cool. Both the Stout and the Crown have a Rooskie sort of design flair. But they only painted things Black, like Henry Furd. Neat, but got my hands full with ONE Cruiser. John, do you need a stable boy to exersize those FJ's? You know they SHOULD be driven. ;)
Ed
[/quote]

and Steve, you notice the plate frames on the Crown? ;)

Noticed that booster earlier...quite the piece of art..

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=11056;start=msg100122#msg100122 date=1076034101]
and Steve, you notice the plate frames on the Crown? ;)
[/quote]

HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Shoot, my local "Cruiser guy" has three of those Stouts,... granted two of them are parked, probably wrecked. One shares dd duties with his 67? FJ40.

What about an FQ-15? Parts should be easier to find, since it seems to have an F engine. :)
Looks like an M-37. I think I want one.
And there's an HQ as well. Wonder if it follows the same evolutionary path as the Cruiser.
First one called the HQ, then add numbers and a gasser engine? :D

ok.. the crown is not so bad, but the stout is one ugly assed ride! The FJ55 is just ugly enough to be cool, but dammit that is just wrong.

Those vehicles, like the Land Crusier, and many others from the 60's and 70's had character, which is something that is missing from automakers today...

So many things today resemble a soft, formed stool...

-Steve

Hey, John, that last B&W pic looks like it could be your back yard!!!!!!

Great stuff, brings me back. Don't get that many old Toyotas on the East coast, but I still see a few Coronas putting around (no, not the beers). Ahh, the good old days. . . .

Poser i agree with you.
Wouldnt have a new cruiser if some one tried to give it to me[cant have fun with them]
long live the BJ/FJs THEY GOT CHARACTER plus SOME
Ron

:'(

[quote author=Ron link=board=1;threadid=11056;start=msg100353#msg100353 date=1076084428]
Poser i agree with you.
Wouldnt have a new cruiser if some one tried to give it to me[cant have fun with them]
Ron
[/quote]

I don't know about new Land Cruisers being included in the can't have fun with them...I wheeled a guys 80 series in SD so he could take pics, and I have seen many other 80 series on the trail, gettin' after it/ While they may have more things to get damaged, body, or otherwise, and have more creature comforts, when all is said and done, it is still a very capeable vehicle off road, and if someone gave me one, I sure would not turn away the oppertunity to increase the CI(cylinder index)

-Steve

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=11056;start=msg100335#msg100335 date=1076081243]
So many things today resemble a soft, formed stool...
[/quote]
...that needs to be flushed. :-X

[quote author=Ron link=board=1;threadid=11056;start=msg100353#msg100353 date=1076084428]
Ron
[/quote]

I'll take one. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom