Toyota PTO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone tell me if this is a factory front/rear output PTO. I know that it is definitely Toyota as it is stamped. I have been doing a bit of reading and from what I can tell the front and rear output PTO's are not that common.
IMG_3100.JPG
IMG_3101.JPG
IMG_3103.JPG
IMG_3104.JPG
IMG_3102.JPG

The shift lever didn't move to the front side of the PTO until 10/82 (83 model) which was for a split case. Looks like a rear output.

Even though there is an output drive on both sides???

its an early pto with offset bolt pattern so it wont fit a split case but I think you already know that

the front rear output may not be as uncommon as you think

3 speed PTO.jpg

34804700_full.jpg

38416900_full.jpg

208199601_full.jpg

338839524.jpg

its an early pto with offset bolt pattern so it wont fit a split case but I think you already know that

The offset bolt pattern was the third version imported to US. First was the FJ25 PTO that bolted to the side of the transmission. Second was for the early three speed/transfer case. While this looks close to the offset version I knew somebody that bought a early cruiser that had a offset bolt pattern PTO attached. Depth of the gears was different and gears showed damage from being to close. This may have been the reason Toyota offset the bolt pattern to prevent their dealers from accidentally installing a PTO on the wrong transfer case. Split case is narrower so that wouldn't be a problem.

IMG_1246.JPG
IMG_2276.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom