Toyota Dyna BU70 Wheel Adapters / Conversion 6 x 185mm or 6 x 7.25"(184.15mm) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bsweaty

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.bsweaty.com
Does anyone have information / machine shop / help on converting away from the Toyota 6 x 185mm wheel bcd pattern? I'm in the USA, and from what I gather my Dyna I picked up recently has a fairly unique lug pattern here. It's either 6 x 185mm or 6 x 7.25"(184.15mm), it's hard to tell measuring by tape measure. Hub size appears to be fairly different from front to rear, but I am not too worried on that at the moment. Since these are split rims and my tires are ancient, I am hoping to bring things a little more modern. I am hoping to convert to 6 x 180mm (awd ford transit) but open to any other standard fitment for wheels and lug pattern. Has anyone here worked through this before? Thanks!

IMG_7662 2.jpg

I would get in touch with Truck Super Singles. They make larger steel wheels for Japanese small trucks. I didn't see Dyna mentioned on their site, but they have wheels for Hino which could be the same. I think Dyna and Hino can be the same truck depending on market. Dyna hasn't been sold here for over a decade They have a north American agent.

Hino 817 4x4 6 Stud

For the Hino vehicles the front is reversed to fit the rear, so only one spare is needed.
The wheels align exactly for easier and safer driving in sand, mud and snow.
The wheels are fitted with two valve stems allowing easy access when mounted face out or in.

Last edited:
I talked to trucksupersingles. They measured and said their rims would not fit that oddball Toyota bolt pattern. stazworks.com has said they could make super singles with their 20" beadlocker for $1250 apiece. Redbarncustoms has said they could make rims in 17-20" size, a couple of widths for approx $650 apiece. I havent decided what I am doing with my dually Toyoace yet.

Looking back at your photo, looks like you dont need super singles. That should make it easier.

I talked to trucksupersingles. They measured and said their rims would not fit that oddball Toyota bolt pattern. stazworks.com has said they could make super singles with their 20" beadlocker for $1250 apiece. Redbarncustoms has said they could make rims in 17-20" size, a couple of widths for approx $650 apiece. I havent decided what I am doing with my dually Toyoace yet.
Thanks for the info here. After researching my rear axle and moving through the build I want to do. I’ve actually decided to swap under early 90s dodge Dana axles. This gives me disc brakes, limited slip rear diff, right hand drop t case, and king pins up front. And most importantly a normal bolt pattern. To add, my wheel studs are reverse threaded and didn’t find out until I broke one. Doh! I was quoted by a shop in Indiana called adapt it usa, and they were willing to custom fab me wheel adapters at a normal price.
IMG_7981.jpeg

Were only the left side lug nuts reverse threaded?
Yes, left side is reverse(left) threaded. Right side appears right thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom