Towing w/ FJZ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I towed my 31' Airstream about 250 miles (5300lbs dry), with evrything two people need to live in said Airstream fulltime for two years, plus approx 1500 lbs of tools including a full job box on living room floor of trailer with my LX which was also full to the roof with tools. Probably 8000 lbs total load... Not something I would choose to do regularly, but it towed it fine. I am a semi truck driver part time so I know how to handle the weight. I also know that the US tow ratings are low compared to the rest of the world. Must be a liability thing?? Pics below of trailer, LX and destination...
DSC_0227.jpg
IMG_0517.jpg
IMG_0513.jpg

I looked up the 4Runner weight-3760 pounds+2200 pounds for the trailer=5960 pounds. Then add in 300 pounds for tools etc. and 120 pounds for gas it comes out to almost 6500 pounds. Nicely done!

I've found varying values for the curb weight as well. 1995 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 3.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual Features and Specs specifies it at 4105lbs. That brings the weight up to 6725, the high end of the spectrum I was looking at. Either way, it was heavy!

I towed my 31' Airstream about 250 miles (5300lbs dry), with evrything two people need to live in said Airstream fulltime for two years, plus approx 1500 lbs of tools including a full job box on living room floor of trailer with my LX which was also full to the roof with tools. Probably 8000 lbs total load... Not something I would choose to do regularly, but it towed it fine. I am a semi truck driver part time so I know how to handle the weight. I also know that the US tow ratings are low compared to the rest of the world. Must be a liability thing?? Pics below of trailer, LX and destination...

I want your bumper, and your two years at said destination. :flipoff2:

Upon further inspection, the source of the leak on the 3VZ-E is a MISSING expansion plug. :bang::bang::censor::bang::bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom